October 05, 2006

Adopt A Dog Month

Lance
Hi! My name's Lance, and I just wanted to pop in and let you know that the American Humane Association had named October to be annual "Adopt-A-Dog Month" in order to draw attention to the numerous homeless dogs waiting to be adopted. Since I'm a rescued pup myself, I can tell you that it's no fun living in a shelter, and I waited every day for someone to give me a home. I'm very lucky to have been chosen, because too many other dogs are never adopted and a lot of them are put to sleep as the shelters get too full. So if there's any room in your heart and your home, why not take the time now to visit your local shelter and give one of my four-legged peers a family of their own?
Petfinder can also help you find a dog in your area that is right for you.

1 comment:

Dee said...

Keep spreading the word about homeless pets, especially dogs. They need all our help!

Dee
Pomeranian Puppy Training